Mobile Sawmills are used to saw logs into slabs or planks. These slabs are used for the manufacturing of table tops and other furniture. In general the best wood to use are Seder, Oak, Olienhout, Cyprus and Pine.
The wood can be cut up to 4 meters long and approximate 1,2 meters wide. The thickness will be determined by the purpose the wood will be utilized for.
Many different portable sawmill models have emerged with different designs and functions. They are suitable for producing limited amount of boards. It is convenient as it brings the sawmill to the logs and minimizes waste and improve operator safety.
Mobile Sawmills Process
- Branches are cut off the trunk.
- Debarking removes bark from the log.
- Trimming squares the ends at typical lumber lengths.
- Drying removes natural occurring moisture, which is done with Kilns or air-dried.
- Planing smooths the surface, leaving a uniform width and thickness.
Should you be interested in processing your tree logs into slabs or planks, we are more than willing to render this service at a reasonable cost. The minimum cost involved for transport and setting up the sawmill at your property will be R2500.00.